Social Media Policy
We want to encourage an enjoyable and engaging experience when using our social media channels however it is also very important that our social media channels offer a safe and respectful environment for everyone.
To help with this, we’ve created some rules around interacting with us on social media.
We encourage you to
- Ask for help with queries about Antrim Enterprise Agency support
- Give us feedback on our products or services
- Tell us when something’s wrong so that we can try to fix it
- Only post information you’re happy for everyone to see
- Share our posts with your friends or family
- Follow our social media accounts
But please don’t
- Post personal or confidential information (for example your personal contact details). If you need to share this information with us, please do so in a private message
- Be offensive, indecent or abusive
- Post anything that could be considered defamatory or embarrassing, or damaging to someone’s reputation
- Use our social media accounts in a way that might breach any laws and regulations including competition law
- Direct people to sites containing viruses or anything that might damage their computer
- Try to access the administrator features or functions of our social media accounts without permission
- Spam or troll our social media accounts
How we manage our social media accounts
Unless we say otherwise, the information we post on our social media accounts is only intended for residents of Northern Ireland.
Our social media accounts may be managed by our employees and/or third parties appointed by us. We can’t moderate what others post before it is posted, but we may (if we’re able) remove posts which breach our House Rules. We may also block users who repeatedly break them.
If you find content on our social media accounts which you think is inappropriate or you’re concerned about, please contact us.
Remember to also follow the social media platform’s (for example Facebook’s or Twitter’s) own rules and terms. If you don’t, they may hide your post or take other action and we don’t have control over this.
Views and opinions
The comments and messages posted by others on our social media accounts are the views and opinions of the person posting and are not our views.
Our social media accounts are hosted by independent providers (like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn) and we can’t control what they do. Having an account doesn’t mean that we endorse them.
Using your comments, ideas and images
If we’d like to use anything you post or message to our social media accounts, we’ll ask you first.
Using our materials, content and images
We encourage you to share our content with others provided we’re identified as the source, (for example by using our Twitter handle).
Changes to our House Rules
We may change these House Rules from time to time. We’ll let you know on our social media accounts when we do this.
Our social media accounts may sometimes be changed or temporarily unavailable, for example while we’re making improvements to them. We may also close our social media accounts without giving prior notice.
We’re committed to protecting any information we collect about you. We may record and keep information (anonymous or otherwise) about how you use our social media accounts (for example, the frequency of your visits and the comments you make). Doing so helps us better understand and serve our customers.
- Information and Record Management Policy
- Data Privacy Notice
- Data Breach Policy
- Subject Access Request Policy
Review of the Policy
This policy will be reviewed as a minimum every 2 years to ensure that Antrim Enterprise Agency meets statutory requirements and any codes of practice made under the Act.